Curb Art Show

Curb Art Show

Announcement Date: September 17, 1948

The first of three annual art fairs held at the northwest corner of Cadieux and Kercheval.  In the same year, the Russell A. Alger Branch Museum closed its doors and the Grosse Pointe Artists Association amended its constitution and bylaws with a clear goal to continue their mission of offering classes, exhibitions, critiques, lectures.    By June 1949, the Grosse Pointes were given the Alger House as a war memorial, known as the War Memorial Center.