Tenth Annual Exhibition

Tenth Annual Exhibition

Announcement Date: September 1, 1938

Russell A. Alger House “The Moorings,” now known as the Grosse Pointe War Memorial, opened to the public as a branch museum of the Detroit Institute of Arts in 1936.

The Italianate mansion turned art museum became an ideal new location for the Annual Exhibition of Grosse Pointe Artists which provided more space and raised the prestige and visibility of the annual exhibition.